To educate, advocate and demonstrate regenerative water practices that follow permaculture principles. So that the community is inspired, empowered and enabled to evolve their thinking in order to practice a higher water ethic.
Top Five Things To Know About WATER in the Morongo Basin
1. We are using more water from our aquifers than is being naturally replaced.
2. We replace this water by importing it from the Sacramento Delta watershed, 650 miles away.
3. We live in a major earthquake region, therefore serious disruption of water importation from the Delta is a real and present concern.
4. Maintaining a vast distribution system for moving water throughout California is the single largest user of energy in the state. As energy costs rise, so will the cost of water.
5. Scientific assessments indicate that we are entering a 30 yr drought cycle, which will be further compounded by the drying effects of climate change.
Curious to know more? You are most welcome to check out a Water Group meeting. We meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. Call for location and time. Contact: Tim DeLorey – 650-269-9805